The EM range of oil‑sealed rotary pumps – renowned for their high ultimate vacuum, rapid pumping speed, quiet operation and ability to handle vapor – have become the industry standard for laboratory and light industrial applications. The pump is a freestanding unit with the drive provided through a flexible coupling by either a single‑phase or three‑phase (four pole) motor.
Each EM pump is supplied with 1 litre of Ultragrade 19 oil, O ring and centering ring, two Allen keys and spares seal for oil drain and filter plugs. For PFPE prepared FX pumps Fomblin® to be ordered separately.
The motor is totally enclosed and is cooled by the motor-cooling fan which directs air along the motor fins. The motors are fitted with a thermal overload device. When the motor is too hot, the thermal overload device switches off the pump. The thermal overload device has an automatic reset; when the motor cools down, the device resets and the motor will restart.
An oil pressure system lubricates the pump shaft bearing surfaces and rotor sealing faces. The pump has an oil distribution valve which prevents discharge of oil to the pump interior (suckback) after the pump stops. The pumping chambers are air-tight, so this arrangement prevents oil suckback unless the gas ballast valve is open.
You can inspect the level and condition of oil in the oil box reservoir through the oil sight-glass. An oil filler-plug is fitted to the top of the oil box. The pump has two oil drain-plugs to allow either gravity oil drain or pressure oil drain.
- Analytical instruments - LCMS
- Beam lines and high energy physics
- Centrifuges, ultra-high speed
- Degassing/curing - oil, epoxy resin
- Freeze drying
- Gas bottle filling/emptying
- Gel drying
- Glove boxes, ovens
- Laboratory bench top vacuum
- Lasers, gas recovery and re-circulation
- Leak detectors, Helium
- Load locks and transfer chambers
- Refrigeration manufacture
- Rotary, centrifugal evaporators
- Solvent recovery
- Surface science instruments
- Turbomolecular backing pumps
Features and Benefits
- The pump is designed for reliable, long‑term operation.
- Switchable Voltage for both 115/230V operation
- Thermal overload device prevents overheating (single phase only).
- The drive is provided through a flexible coupling by a single‑phase or three‑phase (four pole) motor.
- The motors are totally enclosed and are cooled by the motor cooling fan.
- Full height O ring sealed oil sight glass for easy checking of oil level and condition.
- Large sight glass and operating oil range.
- IE3 energy efficient 3 phase motor used with E2M28.
|Displacement (swept volume)
||32.2 m3h-1 / 19 ft3min-1
||38.9 m3h-1 / 22.3 ft3min-1
|Speed (Pneurop 6602)
||27.5 m3h-1 / 16.2 ft3min-1
||33.0 m3h-1 / 19.5 ft3min-1
|Ultimate vacuum (total pressure)
|without gas ballast
||1 x 10-3 mbar / 7.5 x 10-4 Torr
|with gas ballast
||1.5 x 10-2 mbar / 1.1 x 10-2 Torr
||1 x 10-2 mbar / 7.5 x 10-3 Torr
||Nozzle 15 mm external Ø removable from 3/4 in BSP tapped hole
|Max allowed pressure at outlet
||0.5 bar gauge / 7 psig
|Max inlet pressure for water vapour
||30 mbar / 23 Torr
|Max water vapour pumping rate
||0.7 kg h-1
|Operating temperature range
||13 – 40 °C
|Nominal rotation speed
||1440 / 1720 rpm
|Motor power 50 Hz
|Motor power 60 Hz
|Power Connector 1-ph*
||IEC EN60320 C19
||44 kg / 97 lbs
||57 dB(A) @ 50 Hz
|Oil capacity - max
|Oil capacity - min
|Recommended oil (supplied)
* Pumps listed with IEC connector only
** The FX are supplied with NW25 outlet connection